Decorated Chocolate Cut-Out Cookies
These chocolate cut-out cookies are a nice contrast to the usual plain sugar cookies.
1 (8-ounce) box NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bars
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons butter, softened
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 cup light or dark corn syrup
1/4 cup water
1 (16-ounce) container prepared vanilla frosting, colored as desired (or colored icing in tubes)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Microwave baking bars in a medium, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Beat butter and sugar in a small mixing bowl until creamy; beat in corn syrup and melted chocolate. Alternately beat in flour mixture and water. Shape dough into 2 round discs; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for about 1 hour or until firm.
- Roll each disc to 1/4-inch thickness between two sheets of waxed paper. Cut with cookie cutters; place on ungreased baking sheets. Refrigerate if dough becomes too soft.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until set. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Decorate as desired.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.