Espresso and White Chocolate Craisins® Cookies
Enjoy one of these big cookies with a steaming cup of your favorite hot beverage.
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 teaspoons instant espresso powder or coffee granules
2 large eggs
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (5-ounce) package Ocean Spray® Craisins® Pomegranate or Blueberry Juice Infused Dried Cranberries
1 (4-ounce) white baking bar, chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup powdered sugar
4 to 5 teaspoons water
1 teaspoon instant espresso powder or coffee granules
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- For Cookies: Combine brown sugar, butter, oil and espresso powder in large bowl. Using electric mixer, beat at medium speed until creamy. Add eggs; beat until light and fluffy, scraping bowl if necessary. Add flour, baking soda and salt. Reduce speed to low; beat until mixed. Stir in sweetened dried cranberries, baking bar and pecans by hand.
- Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls 3 inches apart onto baking sheets. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until edges are golden brown and center is almost set. Cool on wire racks.
- For Glaze: Whisk together Glaze ingredients in small bowl until smooth and of drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cooled cookies.
Makes 24 large cookies.
- If smaller cookies are desired, spoon heaping tablespoons of dough onto baking sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Makes about 3 dozen.
- If you’d rather skip the glaze, simply sprinkle these cookies with powdered sugar.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.