Ethereal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Heavenly chocolate chip cookies with pecans.
1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large mixing bowl cream together brown sugar, shortening, butter, milk and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed. Stir in egg.
- Sift together flour, salt and baking soda. Stir into sugar mixture gradually; beat until thoroughly combined. Mix in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 3-inches apart onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly before removing from the baking sheet.
Makes 2 dozen cookies.