A terrific chocolate cookie that looks crackly on the outside, yet is moist and fudgy on the inside.
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips - divided use
3 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, chopped
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Melt 1 cup chocolate chips and the unsweetened chocolate with butter in the microwave for about one minute, stirring after 30 seconds. Set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- With an electric mixer, beat together sugar and eggs until thick and creamy. Mix in vanilla and melted chocolate. Stir in flour mixture until just mixed. Add 1 cup chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls about 2-inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until tops are cracked and shiny. Cool on cookie sheet 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Store in sealed container.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.