Giant Turtle Treasure Cookies
Not many people can resist the temptation of chocolate covered-caramel turtles sandwiched between tender sugar cookies.
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 cup chopped pecans
20 NESTLÉ® TURTLES® Candies, cut in half - divided use
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture; stir in nuts. Turn dough onto sheet of plastic wrap. Wrap tightly and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Divide refrigerated dough into 8 equal pieces. Return 6 pieces to refrigerator. Working with 2 pieces at a time, form each piece into a ball; place each on a separate sheet of plastic wrap. Using lightly floured hands, flatten balls into 6-inch circles. Lift one circle with wrap and invert onto ungreased baking sheet; peel off wrap. Arrange 10 Turtle halves on top of circle. Cover with second circle; peel off wrap. Press edges together gently to seal.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes; remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with remaining refrigerated dough and remaining Turtle halves to make 3 more cookies. Cut each cookie into 8 wedges.
Makes 32 cookies.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.