Grapefruit Marmalade Petit Pockets
These buttery thumbprints, filled with delicately sweet grapefruit marmalade, were created by Macy's Culinary Council chef, Gale Gand.
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 vanilla bean, halved lengthwise, soft insides scraped out and reserved
2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 cup grapefruit marmalade
Powdered sugar, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add the vanilla bean scrapings and mix until incorporated. Add the flour and mix at low speed until incorporated.
- Using your hands, roll the dough into walnut-sized balls and arrange them 2-inches apart on the baking sheet. Insert your index finger into the center of the balls to make an indent, but do not go through the dough to the bottom. Using a small spoon, fill the indent with marmalade.
- Bake the cookies until lightly browned around the edges, about 17 to 22 minutes. Cool cookies on baking sheet.
- Store in an airtight container. Dust the cookies with confectioner’s sugar before serving.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.