Hawaiian Fresh Coconut Cookies
Enjoy the fresh coconut taste of the tropics in one splendid, tender-crisp butter cookie.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups freshly grated coconut
- In a small bowl whisk together the flour and salt; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer at medium speed, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy; add flour mixture and blend well. Stir in coconut. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Shape dough into two 6-inch rolls. Wrap rolls in plastic wrap or wax paper and chill for another 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Unwrap rolls and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place slices 2-inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.