Hidden Treasure Cookies
These cookies are sure to please young and old alike! An irresistible combination of peanut butter and chocolate make this the perfect after-school snack with a glass of milk. Recipe created by Carol Gillespie, Chambersburg, PA.
Morsel-Peanut Butter Filling:
1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels, melted according to package directions
1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter - divided use
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons milk
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- For Morsel-Peanut Butter Filling: Combine semi-sweet and butterscotch morsels in medium bowl. Stir in 1/2 cup peanut butter until well combined.
- For Cookies: Beat butter and remaining peanut butter in large mixer bowl on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking soda and salt; beat until combined. Add eggs, vanilla extract and milk; beat until combined. Beat in as much flour as possible. Stir.
- Shape 1 tablespoon of dough into ball; flatten into 2-inch diameter circle. Place 1 teaspoon of Morsel-Peanut Butter filling in center of circle. Fold dough around filling, forming a ball. Place balls 1-inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 1 minute; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Drizzle melted white morsels over cooled cookies. Store in airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days.
Makes 6 dozen cookies.
Tip: Freeze cookies for longer storage.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/72 of recipe): Calories: 140 Calories from Fat: 70 Total Fat: 8 g Saturated Fat: 3.5 g Cholesterol: 15 mg Sodium: 150 mg Carbohydrates: 16 g Dietary Fiber: .5 g Sugars: 11 g Protein: 2 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.