Honey and brown sugar-sweetened, spice cut-out cookies.
1/4 cup water
2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
1 cup honey
8 large egg yolks
6 cups cake flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a saucepan heat together water, brown sugar, shortening, and honey. When shortening is melted, add egg yolks and eggs.
- Sift together cake flour, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves. Stir in egg mixture and mix well.
- Roll dough out and cut into shapes.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.