Honey Spice Oatmeal Cookie Mix
Create a gift worth giving when you prepare this oatmeal cookie mix for friends and relatives—be sure to include a small jar of honey, too!
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon ground ginger
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon each ground cloves and nutmeg
1 1/2 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
Ingredients to Complete Cookies:
1/2 pound (2 sticks) butter, softened (no substitutions)
3/4 cup honey
1 large egg
- To Make Mix: In large bowl, combine flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, cloves and nutmeg; mix well. Add oats; mix well. Transfer to resealable plastic bag, an unbreakable decorative jar with lid or other airtight container. Store in cool dry place.
- To Prepare Cookies: In large bowl, beat butter and honey with electric mixer until creamy. Add egg; beat well. Add half of cookie mix; beat well. Add remaining cookie mix; beat well. Divide dough into thirds; place each on a piece of plastic wrap and flatten to 1/2-inch thickness. Wrap tightly; chill at least 4 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C). Remove one portion of dough from refrigerator. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten to 1/8-inch thickness with bottom of glass dipped in granulated sugar. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes, just until centers are set. (Cookies will feel soft. Do not overbake.) Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.
Makes 6 dozen cookies.
- Decorated Cookies - Decorate cooled cookies with melted Nestle® Toll House® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, melted Nestle® Toll House® Premier White Morsels, ready-to-spread frosting, decorator frosting in tubes, assorted small candies or candy sprinkles.
- Thumbprint Cookies - Use thumb to make a deep indentation in center of each cookie dough ball. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until very light golden brown. Remove cookies from oven; press small dark or white chocolate candy into indentation or fill with 1/2 teaspoon preserves. Cool and store as directed.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (2 undecorated cookies): Calories 110, Calories From Fat 45, Total Fat 5g, Saturated Fat 3g, Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 110mg, Total Carbohydrates 14g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Protein 2g, Total Sugars 5g.
Recipe provided courtesy of The Quaker Oat Company.