Java Tea Cookies
A coffee-flavored cookie for tea-time—imagine that!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons French Roast NESCAFÉ® Gourmet Instant Coffee
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup butter or margarine, (2 sticks) softened
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 cup finely chopped pecans
1 teaspoon French Roast NESCAFÉ® Gourmet Instant Coffee
3 to 4 teaspoons milk
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon butter, softened
- For Cookies: Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine flour, cinnamon and salt in medium bowl. Place Nescafé and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl; stir until coffee is dissolved. Add butter and granulated sugar. Beat at low speed for about 2 minutes or until combined. Add flour mixture; mix until combined. Stir in nuts.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets on wire racks for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For Icing: Place Nescafé and 3 teaspoons milk in small bowl; stir until coffee is dissolved. Whisk in powdered sugar and butter until smooth; add remaining milk to make icing thinner, if needed. Dip tops of cookies into icing.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.
Recipe is the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.