Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies
This terrific recipe for Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies was submitted by Michael of Indiana, USA.
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup creamy or chunky peanut butter (do not use natural style or freshly ground)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat butter, peanut butter and vanilla in a large bowl until well blended. Beat in both sugars. Scrape down sides of bowl. Stir half of dry ingredients into mixture. Add eggs 1 at a time, stirring well after each addition. Mix in remaining dry ingredients.
- For each cookie, roll 1 heaping tablespoonful of dough into 1 3/4 -inch ball. Arrange dough balls 2 1/2-inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Using back of a fork, flatten dough and form crosshatch design on tops.
- Bake cookies until dry on top and golden brown on bottom, about 14 minutes.
- Cool cookies to racks and cool completely. (Can be prepared up to 3 days ahead). Store in airtight container at room temperature.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.