Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies
Crispy yet deliciously chewy, old-fashioned peanut butter cookies.
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream butter with peanut butter. Stir in sugar and brown sugar; blending until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour mixture; beating until well blended. Roll into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten slightly using the back of a fork.
- Bake for 8 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute on baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.