Peanutty Oatmeal Cookies
Old-fashioned, chewy oatmeal raisin cookies—except these are loaded with peanuts, too!
1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
1 cup raisins
3/4 cup peanuts
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 cups granulated sugar
1/3 cup molasses
3 large eggs
2/3 cup buttermilk
2 teaspoons baking soda
5 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease cookie sheets.
- Using a food processor, add quick cooking oats, raisins and peanuts; blend until crumbly. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream softened butter and sugar; add molasses, beat until creamy and smooth. Beat in eggs until blended. Set aside.
- In another bowl mix together buttermilk and baking soda; set aside.
- In another bowl sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Beginning with flour mixture, slowly fold into creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk mixture; ending with flour mixture. Beat until completely mixed. Stir in oatmeal mixture; mix until blended.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
Makes 5 dozen cookies.