Pecan Butter Cookies
Delicate butter cookies topped with a garnish of pecan halves.
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large egg yolks
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
48 pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer at low speed, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla, almond and lemon extracts; set aside.
- In another mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Fold into creamed mixture; blend until thoroughly mixed.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls and place about 2-inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Press a pecan into the center of each cookie.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.