Scrumptious Crunch Cookies
Crispy rice cereal adds an irresistible, scrumptious crunch to these chocolate chip cookies.
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups crispy rice cereal
1 cup (6 ounces) package semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Blend in eggs and vanilla. Add flour and baking soda; mix well.
- Stir in cereal and chocolate chips
- Drop heaping teaspoonfuls of dough, 2-inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from baking sheets to wire racks; cool completely.
- Store in tightly covered container at room temperature.
Makes 5 dozen cookies.