This yummy cookie with a funny name is a favorite treat for the holidays and year-round.
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, shortening, 1 1/2 cups sugar, eggs and vanilla. Slowly beat in flour mixture just until incorporated.
- Shape dough by rounded spoonfuls into balls.
- In small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll balls of dough in mixture and place 2-inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove immediately from baking sheets.
Makes 2 dozen cookies.