Special Chocolate Chip Cookies
This special chocolate chip cookie recipe uses powdered sugar which gives the cookie a tender, softer texture.
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
1 cup butter
2 cups powdered sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans* (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In medium bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, cream together butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Stir in flour mixture until just mixed, add chocolate chips and pecans, if using, and stir just until mixed in.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls, 2-inches apart, onto non-stick baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to wire racks to cool. Store in sealed container.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.
*For great flavor and texture, toast the pecans before adding.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/48 of recipe without pecans): 78.1 calories; 57% calories from fat; 5.2g total fat; 19.0mg cholesterol; 69.3mg sodium; 11.0mg potassium; 7.3g carbohydrates; 0.4g fiber; 0.1g sugar; 6.9g net carbs; 1.1g protein.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/48 of recipe with pecans): 93.8 calories; 62% calories from fat; 6.8g total fat; 19.0mg cholesterol; 69.3mg sodium; 20.3mg potassium; 7.6g carbohydrates; 0.6g fiber; 0.2g sugar; 7.0g net carbs; 1.3g protein.