Stir-'N-Drop Sugar Cookies
No need to roll and cut-out these old-time drop sugar cookies, you'll fill up the cookie jar fast with these scrumptious treats!
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
3/4 cup granulated sugar
Extra sugar for dipping
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Combine eggs, oil, vanilla and lemon rind in a large mixing bowl; beating well. Add sugar and beat until well blended. Stir in flour until just mixed.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2-inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten cookies with greased bottom of a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer immediately to wire racks to cool. Store in airtight containers.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.