Apple Pie Parfaits
The aroma of a fresh baked apple pie will bring your family running. The warm apple filling paired with rich and creamy vanilla ice cream is a treat to savor.
1 (12-ounce) package frozen escalloped apples, defrosted according to package directions
1 (9-inch) unbaked pie pastry
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 quart vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Roll pie pastry into a 12-inch circle. Transfer to a baking sheet and spoon apples over half of the circle to within 1/2-inch of the edge. Fold pastry over escalloped apples, stretching dough slightly, if necessary.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl; sprinkle over pastry.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly; cut into 1 1/2 to 2-inch squares.
- For each parfait, layer three apple pie squares with ice cream. Serve immediately.
Makes 5 servings.
Recipe is the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.