A triple berry tart with a citrus glaze spiked with Grand Marnier.
1 pound strawberries
6 ounces raspberries
6 ounces blueberries
1 (9-inch) refrigerated pie crust
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 cup orange juice
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons Grand Marnier, or other orange liqueur or syrup
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Rinse and drain all berries. Hull and halve strawberries. Turn into large bowl and set aside.
- Butter the bottom of a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Line with pie crust. Prick crust several times with a fork. Freeze for 5 to 10 minutes to firm up the shell. Bake until golden and crisp, about 10 minutes. Cool on rack.
- Measure sugar and cornstarch into medium saucepan and stir. Gradually stir in orange and lemon juices. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until glaze boils and thickens, about 1 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in liqueur or syrup.
- Pour glaze over berries. Gently stir to coat. Turn into tart shell. Refrigerate at least 10 minutes or up to 6 hours before serving.
Makes 8 servings.
- Can also be made in individual tart pans or mini muffin tins.
- Tart shell(s) can be prepared one day ahead.
Recipe provided courtesy of Driscoll Strawberry Associates.