Biscotti Parfait with Mascarpone Cheese
An elegant dessert that is quick to prepare, but looks and tastes like it took much longer.
8 chocolate-almond biscotti
2/3 cup espresso or very strong coffee
8 ounces Wisconsin Mascarpone Cheese
1 fresh large egg, preferably pasteurized
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 pint fresh raspberries, washed and well dried
- Break biscotti into small pieces or pulse in food processor until roughly crumbled. Combine with espresso in small bowl and set aside.
- Combine Wisconsin Mascarpone Cheese, egg and sugar in medium bowl. Beat just until blended with electric mixer. Do not over mix.
- In another bowl, whip cream. Gently fold cream into Mascarpone mixture.
- In each of 6 clear, stemmed sherbet or wine glasses, layer some of the biscotti mixture, some of the berries and some of Mascarpone mixture. Repeat layers. Top each with a raspberry.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.