Boozy Bread and Butter Pudding
Recipe courtesy of the Flour Advisory Bureau.
8 slices raisin bread
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1/4 cup raisins
3 large eggs
1 cup heavy cream
2/3 cup milk
1/4 cup superfine granulated sugar
2 tablespoons rum or brandy (or substitute with 2 teaspoons rum flavored extract)
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Butter 4 small oven-proof dishes, about 8 ounces each.
- Spread the raisin bread slices with butter and cut each slice into 4 pieces.
- Divide half the bread pieces between the dishes, sprinkle with the raisins and lemon rind and top with the remaining pieces.
- Beat the eggs with the cream, milk, sugar and brandy.
- Pour over the bread in each dish and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, until set and the crust is golden.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 763; Total Fat: 47g; Saturated Fat: 27g; Total Carbs: 75g; Fiber: 2g; Sugar: 45g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Flour Advisory Bureau.