Cherry Tiramisu Parfait
This tempting cherry twist on the classic Italian dessert is sure to please!
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup coffee liqueur
1 1/2 cups shortbread cookie crumbs - about 30 (2-inch) cookies
1 (21-ounce) can cherry filling and topping
Grated chocolate, for garnish (optional)
Fresh mint leaves, for garnish (optional)
- Combine ricotta cheese, powdered sugar, sour cream and coffee liqueur in a large mixing bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- In the container of an electric blender or food processor, process cookies, in small batches, until finely crushed.
- Remove 6 cherries from cherry filling; reserve for garnish.
- To assemble dessert, spoon 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese mixture into each of six (8-ounce) parfait glasses. Add 2 tablespoons cookie crumbs to each glass; top each with 2 tablespoons cherry filling. Repeat ricotta, crumb and cherry layers. Finish each serving with an equal portion of the remaining ricotta cheese mixture.
- Garnish with reserved cherries, grated chocolate and mint leaves, if desired. Let chill 2 to 3 hours before serving.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph are provided courtesy of the Cherry Marketing Institute.