Simply put, this dessert is like heaven on a spoon!
8 (1-ounce) squares semisweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup water - divided use
2 tablespoons butter
3 large egg yolks
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 1/4 cups heavy cream, whipped
- In a microwave or double boiler, heat chocolate, 1/4 cup water and butter until the chocolate and butter are melted. Cool for 10 minutes.
- In a small heavy saucepan, whisk egg yolks, sugar and remaining water. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches 160°F (70°C), about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; whisk in chocolate mixture. Set saucepan in ice and stir until cooled, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into dessert dishes.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.