Chocolate Fudge-Mint Cheesecake
This cheesecake recipe was a finalist in the Better Homes and Garden’s & Nestlé Toll House “Share the Very Best Recipe” contest. Submitted by Edythe Sundberg of San Diego, CA, her prize winning cheesecake features semi-sweet chocolate morsels, cream cheese and crème de menthe.
20 chocolate sandwich cookies with mint and white filling, crushed
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 cups (12 ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, melted according to package instructions
4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup crème de menthe
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 large eggs, slightly beaten
1 package chocolate sandwich cookies with mint and white filling, coarsely chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- For Cookie Crust: Combine cookies and melted butter in medium mixer bowl until well mixed. Press cookie mixture onto bottom and 2-inches up side of ungreased 9-inch springform pan. Place pan on baking sheet; bake for 10 minutes; cool on wire rack.
- For Filling: Melt morsels in uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute. STIR. Morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10 to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Cool slightly.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in a large mixer bowl until well mixed. Gradually add crème de menthe, vanilla extract and melted morsels; beat until smooth. Stir in eggs until just combined. Pour filling over cookie crust.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until 2-inch area around outside edge appears set when gently shaken. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Run knife around edge of cheesecake; cool for additional 30 minutes. Remove side of pan; cool cheesecake completely on wire rack. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- For Topping: Top edge of cheesecake with coarsely chopped sandwich cookies, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): Calories: 630 Calories from Fat: 360 Total Fat: 40 g Saturated Fat: 20 g Cholesterol: 120 mg Sodium: 390 mg Carbohydrates: 60 g Dietary Fiber: 2 g Sugars: 46 g Protein: 8 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.