Chocolate Orange Supreme Cheesecake
The ultimate in decadent desserts—a two-layered orange liqueur-spiked chocolate cheesecake.
1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
4 large eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips melted
2 tablespoons orange liqueur
1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Combine chocolate wafer crumbs, cinnamon, and melted butter; press onto the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 325°F (160°C) for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine softened cream cheese and sugar; mixing at medium speed with an electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Blend in sour cream and vanilla. Reserve 3 cups of the batter. Blend melted semisweet chocolate chips in to remaining batter.
- Stir orange liqueur and grated orange peel into the reserved batter. Pour the chocolate batter over the crust.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 30 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325°F (160°C), then spoon the remaining batter over the chocolate batter and continue baking for 30 minutes.
- Loosen the cake from the rim of the pan; cool before removing from the pan. Chill.
Makes 12 servings.