Chocolate Rice Pudding Miniatures
Miniature, two-bite chocolate rice custard treats topped with whipped cream and bits of candied red cherries.
3 cups cooked rice
1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
1/4 cup small semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups milk
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
1/4 cup chocolate syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup whipped cream
12 candied red cherries, quartered
- Spoon 1 tablespoon rice, 1/2 teaspoon almonds, 1/4 teaspoon chips into 48 buttered miniature muffin cups.
- Blend milk, sugar, eggs, syrup, vanilla and salt. Pour 1 tablespoon mixture into each cup. Place pans in hot water bath.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325°F (160°F) for 45 minutes, or until set.
- Chill thoroughly. Remove from pans.
- Garnish each cup with 1/2 teaspoon whipped cream and a cherry quarter.
Makes 48 miniature cups.
Recipe provided courtesy of the USA Rice Federation.