Custard Tart with Fresh Berries
This custard tart, with fresh berries, will please your family and friends. Sour cream, sweetened condensed milk and orange juice form a sweet-tart base perfect for showing off any kind of berries.
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
2 cups sour cream
1 (14-ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 cup orange juice
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/4 cup raspberry preserves
1 cup fresh fruit (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and/or sliced strawberries)
- For Crust: Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar in medium bowl; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and 1 1/2-inches up side of ungreased 9-inch springform pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- For Filling: Combine sour cream, sweetened condensed milk, juice, eggs and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl; beat until smooth. Gently pour into crust.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until center is set. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- For Glaze: Combine water and cornstarch in small saucepan; stir in preserves. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; strain to remove seeds. Cool for 10 minutes. Drizzle over filling. Arrange berries on top. Cover; refrigerate. Remove side of springform pan.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.