Dark Chocolate Crème Brûlée
Treat yourself and your loved ones to the smooth chocolaty taste of a truly luxurious dessert. With a sophisticated combination of vanilla and rich dark chocolate, topped with caramelized sugar, this romantic indulgence is the perfect ending to a special evening with your Valentine.
1 cup whipping cream
1 cup half-and-half
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
4 large egg yolks
1/2 cup granulated sugar
6 teaspoons granulated sugar - divided use
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Place cream, half-and-half and vanilla extract in large saucepan. Bring to a boil; remove from heat. Add chocolate; whisk until melted and smooth.
- Whisk egg yolks and 1/2 cup sugar in large mixer bowl. Gradually whisk in chocolate mixture.
- Pour mixture through fine sieve into six 4-ounce ramekins or custard cups. Place ramekins in 13x9x2-inch baking dish; fill pan with hot water to 1-inch depth.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until custards jiggle slightly when pan is shaken. Cool custards in water until cool enough to handle. Remove custards from water; refrigerate for 2 hours. Cover with plastic wrap; continue to refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Preheat broiler. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon sugar over tops of each custard. Place custards on baking sheet. Broil for 3 minutes or until sugar is melted and caramelized (rotate pan as needed to prevent burning). Alternately, tops can be caramelized using kitchen torch. Refrigerate for 2 hours so that the topping can harden and the custard can cool and set.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 380 Calories from Fat: 240 Total Fat: 27 g Saturated Fat: 16 g Cholesterol: 210 mg Sodium: 25 mg Carbohydrates: 30 g Dietary Fiber: 1 g Sugars: 25 g Protein: 4 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.