Dried Plum and Goat Cheese Strudel
Recipe courtesy of California Dried Plum Board.
1/2 of a (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets (1 sheet)
1 cup (about 6 ounces) pitted dried plums, chopped
1/2 cup apple butter
1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
1/4 cup thinly sliced chives
1 large egg, lightly beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- Thaw pastry at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- In small bowl, combine dried plums, apple butter, goat cheese and chives; mix well and set aside.
- Unfold pastry onto lightly floured surface. Roll to 14x10-inch rectangle. Spread dried plum mixture over pastry, covering to within 1-inch of either end; brush all edges with egg mixture. Beginning at the long end, roll up pastry in jelly roll fashion; pinch seams and ends to seal. Place on baking sheet. With a sharp knife, cut diagonal slits, 1-inch apart, across top of pastry. Brush with egg mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes until golden. Cool on baking sheet on wire rack 20 minutes.
- To serve, cut into 12 slices along diagonal cuts.
Makes 12 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): Calories: 170; Total Fat: 8g; Cholesterol: 21mg; Total Carbs: 23g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 3g; Sodium: 98mg; Potassium: 136mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of California Dried Plum Board.