Exquisite Glazed Almond-Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake
Elegance and sophistication is the hallmark of this stunning dessert. A delicious cream cheese filling with a hint of raspberry preserves and almond top a delicate chocolate crumb crust. A glazed almond topping completes the festive appearance of this cheesecake that would be perfect on any dessert buffet!
Mary King of Parsons, KS, created this 1st Prize winning recipe.
Glazed Almond Topping:
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup water
1 cup sliced almonds
1 teaspoon amaretto liqueur
1 1/2 cups (about 18 cookies) finely crushed chocolate sandwich cookies
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup (6 ounce) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels
4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened - divided use
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon amaretto liqueur
3 large eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
1/3 cup red raspberry preserves
1/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- For Glazed Almond Topping: Line baking sheet with wax paper.
- Combine sugar and water in small saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil; cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in almonds and liqueur. Remove almonds from pan with slotted spoon; place on wax paper. Separate with a fork.
- For Crust: Combine cookie crumbs and butter in medium bowl. Press mixture onto bottom of ungreased 9-inch springform pan.
- For Filling: Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Place white morsels in uncovered, medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. Morsels may retain some of their shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10 to 15-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Cool slightly.
- Beat 3 packages cream cheese, sugar and liqueur in large mixer bowl on medium speed until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in sour cream. Pour half of mixture into crust.
- Beat remaining package cream cheese and melted white morsels in medium mixer bowl on medium speed until smooth. Stir in raspberry preserves. Drop half of raspberry mixture by rounded teaspoonfuls evenly over batter in pan. Pour remaining white batter over batters in pan and drop remaining half of raspberry mixture by teaspoonfuls evenly over batter. Swirl batters together with a knife.
- Bake for 1 hour 5 minutes. Arrange glazed almonds around edge of cheesecake. Continue baking for 15 minutes or until edge is set and center moves slightly. Refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Place semi-sweet morsels in small, heavy-duty plastic bag. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 20 seconds; knead bag. Microwave at additional 10- second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut a small hole in corner of bag; squeeze to drizzle over over glazed almonds. Remove side of pan.
Makes 16 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/16 of recipe): Calories: 660 Calories from Fat: 370 Total Fat: 41 g Saturated Fat: 22 g Cholesterol: 110 mg Sodium: 210 mg Carbohydrates: 67 g Dietary Fiber: 2 g Sugars: 45 g Protein: 9 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.