Fourth of July Cookie Pizza
Show your patriotic colors with this fun, festive Independence Day dessert.
1 (18-ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 (8-ounce) container lowfat vanilla yogurt
1 (12-ounce) pint basket California strawberries, stemmed and halved
1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°F). Grease and flour bottom and side of 14-inch pizza pan.
- With floured hands, press cookie dough evenly onto bottom of pan.
- Bake in center of oven 14 to 16 minutes until golden brown.
- Run metal spatula or thin knife along edge of crust to loosen from pan; cool in pan on wire rack.
- In mixer bowl, beat cream to form soft peaks. Fold in yogurt to blend. If made ahead, cover and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, spread cream mixture evenly onto cooled crust. Arrange strawberries and blueberries decoratively over top; serve immediately cut into wedges.
Makes 12 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): 260 calories; 13 g fat; 25 mg cholesterol; 200 mg sodium; 32 g carbohydrate; 1 g fiber; 3 g protein.
Recipe provided courtesy of California Strawberry Commission. ©2003 California Strawberry Commission. All rights reserved. Used with permission.