Fruit and Honey Rice Pudding
Creamy, honey-sweetened baked rice pudding made with canned fruit cocktail and fresh banana slices.
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt - divided use
1 (17-ounce) can fruit cocktail, drained (reserve syrup)
1 banana, sliced
3 cups cooked rice
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
2 cups milk
1/3 cup granulated sugar
- Blend honey with lemon juice, butter, cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon salt in small bowl. Pour over fruit cocktail and banana; marinate at least 15 minutes.
- Combine rice, butter, sugar, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1 cup drained fruit syrup. Cook over medium heat about 30 minutes or until pudding is thick and creamy, stirring often.
- Pour pudding into greased shallow 2 1/2-quart baking dish.
- Arrange fruit over pudding; pour marinade over fruit.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°F) for 30 minutes.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the USA Rice Federation.