Harvest Apple Purses
Try these if you are having guests over for dinner and want something easy to make for dessert that tastes great.
1 (12-ounce) package frozen escalloped apples
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 (17.25-ounce) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
1/2 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 large egg, lightly beaten
Suggested Toppings: caramel sauce, whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 475°F (245°C).
- Thaw escalloped apples in microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 6 to 7 minutes; set aside.
- Combine sugar and ground cinnamon; set mixture aside.
- Roll each pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface into a 12-inch square. Cut each sheet into 4 squares.
- Spoon apples evenly into center of each pastry square. Sprinkle evenly with cheese and pecans. Moisten edges with water. Bring corners of pastry to center, pressing to seal; twist ends. Brush with egg, and sprinkle with sugar mixture. Place on a baking sheet; place in oven.
- Reduce oven temperature to 400°F (205°C), and bake 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with desired toppings.
Makes 8 servings.