Lady in Amaretto
An elegant strawberry dessert made with ladyfingers infused with Amaretto, a creamy filling, strawberries and almonds.
1 1/2 pints strawberries
2 pounds ladyfinger cookies
3/4 cup Amaretto liqueur - divided use
4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup pasteurized egg product or 2 large fresh eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup heavy cream
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- Reserve part of the strawberries, and slice the remainder and set aside.
- Divide ladyfinger cookies and layer one-third on the bottom of a 10-inch springform pan. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup Amaretto liqueur.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, eggs, sugar, and 1/4 cup Amaretto liqueur. Pour half of the cream cheese mixture over the cookies and top with half of the sliced strawberries.
- Add another layer of ladyfingers and sprinkle with remaining Amaretto liqueur. Top with the remaining cream cheese mixture, then the remaining sliced strawberries. Top with a layer of ladyfingers.
- Whip cream until stiff and add powdered sugar. Spread on top of the ladyfinger cookies then garnish with the reserved strawberries and slivered almonds. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Makes 10 to 12 servings.