Mini-Chip Peanut Butter Foldovers
Easy, miniature dessert turnovers with a creamy chocolate and peanut butter filling with crunchy peanuts.
1 cup butter, softened
2 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) F.
- Cream softened butter and softened cream cheese in a mixer bowl until fluffy. Mix in flour. Divide into 2 portions, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for 10 minutes.
- In a double boiler, over hot but not boiling water, melt chocolate chips. Blend in creamy peanut butter. Remove from the heat and stir in powdered sugar and chopped peanuts; mix well.
- Roll the chilled dough into two squares on a lightly floured surface. Cut into 2 1/2-inch squares and place 2 teaspoons of the filling in the center of each. Fold two corners to the center to partially enclose the filling; press the corners to seal. Place 1/2-inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until light brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Makes 12 servings.