Mocha Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce
Old-fashioned bread pudding, with a hint of coffee, makes a wonderful grand finale dessert in the evening—or as a brunch treat in the morning.
9 cups French bread cubes
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
1 tablespoon TASTER'S CHOICE® 100% Pure Instant Coffee
4 large eggs
2 (12-ounce) cans NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Regular or Fat Free Milk - divided use
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 2-quart casserole or baking dish.
- Place bread cubes in prepared baking dish. Combine sugar, cocoa and coffee granules in a small bowl.
- Beat eggs, 2 2/3 cups evaporated milk and vanilla extract in a medium bowl until well blended; stir in sugar mixture. Pour over bread, pressing bread into milk mixture.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until set.
- Combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup in a small heavy-duty saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, for 2 to 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Slowly stir in remaining evaporated milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Serve with warm bread pudding.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.