No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake Pie
This simple-to-make pie tastes like a lemony cheesecake, yet the texture of the filling is so light and delicate, it almost melts in your mouth. It's a luscious pie that's perfect served as is, or it can be served topped with an easy, homemade cherry sauce—or your favorite ready-made pie filling.
1 (3.5-ounce) package lemon gelatin*
1 cup water, boiling
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup heavy or whipping cream
1 (deep-dish 9-inch) graham cracker pie crust, homemade or purchased
Easy Cherry Sauce or ready-made cherry pie filling for accompaniment (optional)
- For Filling: In a small bowl, combine lemon gelatin with boiling water, stirring to mix well; chill slightly but do not allow to set up.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth; set aside.
- In another bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form with an electric mixer.
- Add the gelatin mixture to the cream cheese, then fold into the whipped cream.
- Pour mixture into the prepared graham cracker crust.
- Chill until set, about 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve topped with Easy Cherry Sauce, if desired.
Makes 8 servings.
*For variation, try other flavors of gelatin.
Tip: When in season, sliced and sweetened fresh strawberries make an easy topping.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): 357.1 calories; 44% calories from fat; 17.9g total fat; 39.8mg cholesterol; 255.8mg sodium; 59.0mg potassium; 47.0g carbohydrates; 0.3g fiber; 39.8g sugar; 46.6g net carbs; 3.8g protein.