Peach Brittle Rice Pudding
Creamy rice pudding, with a hint of lemon, is served with peaches, whipped cream and a garnish with crumbled peanut brittle.
3 cups cooked rice
3 cups milk
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
3 large eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (29-ounce) can sliced peaches
1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream, whipped
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 cup broken pieces of peanut brittle
- Combine rice, milk, sugar, lemon peel and butter in medium saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until thick and creamy, about 20 minutes.
- Mix some of the rice mixture into the beaten eggs; stir all into the hot mixture and cook 1 minute longer. Add vanilla.
- Pour into large serving dish or individual serving dishes. Chill until ready to serve.
- Drain peaches, reserving 10 of the slices for garnish. Save the syrup for use another time. Then combine remaining peach slices with whipped cream, salt and lemon juice. Spoon onto rice pudding.
- Garnish with reserved peach slices and pieces of peanut brittle.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of the USA Rice Federation.