Recipe courtesy of the Pomegranate Council.
1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
1 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs, separated
3/4 cup water
1 cup pomegranate juice
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 cup whipping cream
Chopped pistachio nuts
- Mix gelatin and sugar in a heavy saucepan; reserve.
- Whisk egg yolks and water together; stir into gelatin mixture. Cook over medium-low heat (do not boil), stirring constantly until gelatin and sugar dissolve, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in pomegranate and lemon juice. Refrigerate pomegranate mixture stirring occasionally, until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from a spoon, about 2 1/2 hours.
- When pomegranate mixture is ready, beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry; thoroughly fold into pomegranate mixture. Reserve.
- Beat cream until soft peaks form; carefully fold into pomegranate mixture.
- Divide mixture among 6 (8-ounce) parfait glasses; chill at least 4 hours.
- To serve garnish each parfait with a dollop of whipped cream; sprinkle with chopped nuts and pomegranate seeds.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 336; Total Fat: 17g; Saturated Fat: 10g; Cholesterol: 160mg; Total Carbs: 43g; Protein: 4g; Sodium: 62mg; Potassium: 155mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Pomegranate Council.