Pumpkin Toffee Cheesecake
A fabulous combination of cream cheese and pumpkin nestled in a toffee crust and topped with crushed toffee candies.
1 3/4 cups (about 14 to 16) shortbread cookies, crushed
1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
3 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
1 (15-ounce) can LIBBY'S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
2/3 cup (5 ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup (about 25 to 30) crushed hard toffee candies
1 (8-ounce) container sour cream, at room temperature
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Caramel ice cream topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- For Crust: Combine cookie crumbs and butter in small bowl. Press onto bottom and 1-inch up side of 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes (do not allow to brown). Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- For Filling: Beat cream cheese and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, cornstarch and cinnamon; beat well. Pour into crust.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until edge is set but center still moves slightly. Remove from oven; top with toffee candy pieces.
- For Topping: Combine sour cream, granulated sugar and vanilla extract in small bowl; mix well. Spread over warm cheesecake.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Remove side of springform pan. Drizzle with caramel topping before serving.
Makes 16 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/16 of recipe): Calories: 370 Calories from Fat: 200 Total Fat: 23 g Saturated Fat: 13 g Cholesterol: 90 mg Sodium: 240 mg Carbohydrates: 37 g Dietary Fiber: 1 g Sugars: 27 g Protein: 6 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.