Sour Cream Pumpkin Cheesecake
Creamy pumpkin cheesecake in a rich and buttery pine nut crust.
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup pine nuts, coarsely ground
4 tablespoons butter, melted
4 teaspoons granulated sugar
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 large eggs
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- For Crust: In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, pine nuts, butter and 4 teaspoons sugar with a wooden spoon. Using the palm of your hand, spread dough evenly in the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake until light golden brown, no more than 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- For Filling: With a wooden spoon, combine cream cheese and 1 cup sugar, adding sugar in increments, until it is all incorporated. Add cornstarch in the same manner until it is incorporated.
- Add 1 egg and whisk until all lumps have disappeared. Whisk in the other egg, beating until mixture is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together sour cream and pumpkin until well blended. Add cream cheese mixture, blending until batter is smooth. Pour into crust and bake for 45 minutes or until the center is set.
- Remove cake from oven and let cool. Refrigerate in pan for 4 hours before serving.
Makes 12 servings.