Strawberry Bee Sting Tarts
Crisp meringue shells are filled with scoops of frozen honey-strawberry cream and served in a pool of honey-strawberry sauce.
1 (20-ounce) package frozen whole California strawberries
1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped
1/2 cup sour cream
6 prepared meringue shells (3 to 4-inches)
Mint leaves for garnish (optional)
- In saucepan combine strawberries and honey. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring. Reduce heat; simmer 20 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- Pour strawberry mixture into blender or food processor fitted with metal blade; whirl until smooth. Chill thoroughly.
- Mix in vanilla. Cover and chill half of the strawberry mixture for sauce. Fold the remaining mixture and whipped cream into sour cream. Cover and freeze.
- Remove from freezer 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- To Serve: Pour strawberry sauce into shallow dessert dishes and top with meringue shells. Scoop frozen mixture into shells and garnish with mint leaves.
Makes 6 servings.
Tip: You may purchase meringue shells at a local bakery.
Recipe provided courtesy of California Strawberry Commission. ©2003 California Strawberry Commission. All rights reserved. Used with permission.