Tiny Pecan Tarts
These festive miniature pecan pie tarts will make a wonderful addition to a holiday dessert buffet.
1 cup butter
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 large eggs
1 3/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons butter, softened
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large bowl, beat 1 cup butter and softened cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Fold in flour until just blended. Flatten dough to a 1-inch thick disk, wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Grease miniature muffin tins. Divide the dough to make individual tart shells. Shape into prepared pans, extending up the sides.
- In a small bowl, beat together eggs, brown sugar, softened butter, salt, and vanilla. Stir in chopped pecans. Fill the pastry-lined muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the pastry is brown and the filling is set. Cool briefly; then transfer tarts to wire racks.
Makes 24 miniature tarts.