Apricot Oatmeal Bars
Easy-to-make bar cookies will soon become a favorite. Oats add crunch and apricot spreadable fruit gives this bar cookie a rich fruit flavor.
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup quick or old-fashioned oats, uncooked
1/2 cup Equal® Spoonful*
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cold stick butter
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup apricot or peach spreadable fruit
- Combine flour, oats, Equal®, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture is very fine in texture and begins to stick together slightly. Stir in water and vanilla until well blended.
- Reserve 3/4 cup flour mixture. Press remaining mixture firmly and evenly onto bottom of lightly sprayed 8-inch square baking pan. Bake in preheated 375°F oven 12 to 15 minutes or until mixture is lightly browned at edge.
- Remove from oven and spread with fruit. Sprinkle with reserved flour mixture, pressing gently into fruit.
- Bake an additional 20 to 25 minutes or until flour mixture is lightly browned on top. Cool completely on wire rack. Cut into squares.
- Store in airtight containers at room temperature.
Makes 16 servings.
*May substitute 12 packets Equal sweetener
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/16 of recipe): calories 108, protein 2 g, carbohydrate 14 g, fat 6 g, cholesterol 15 mg,sodium 27 mg.
Food Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Recipe provided courtesy of Merisant Corporation ® and the NutraSweet Company, makers of Equal®.