Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
These wonderful, diabetic-friendly cheesecake bars—filled with blueberries—are perfect for picnics but great for a snack or dessert any time.
1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
1/3 cup light butter, melted
12 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup Splenda® Granulated No Calorie Sweetener
2 large eggs
1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1/4 cup reduced-sugar apricot preserves
1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Spray an eight-inch square pan with vegetable cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, Splenda® Granulated Sweetener, and butter, mixing well. Firmly press mixture evenly in bottom of prepared pan. Bake 5 minutes. Remove from oven; set aside.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually add Splenda® Granulated Sweetener, beating until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add sour cream and vanilla, beating just until blended. Gently stir in blueberries. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until firm. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Cover and chill 2 hours.
- Topping Directions: Combine apricot preserves and water in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until jam melts. Spread over filling; cut into bars.
Makes 20 bars.
*Frangelico is a hazelnut liquor available at liquor stores. For dietary purposes, please note that this recipe contains alcohol.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/20 of recipe; 1 bar): Calories 100 | Calories from Fat 60 | Fat 6g (sat 3.5g) | Cholesterol 40mg | Sodium 110mg | Carbohydrates 8g | Fiber 0g | Sugars 3g | Protein 3g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Splenda, Inc. Splenda® is a no-calorie sweetener made from sugar that is suitable for diabetics. For more information regarding this product, please call 1-800-777-5363 or visit their website at www.splenda.com.