Baked Linguine Pie
A delicious, family-pleasing Italian-style ground beef and linguine pasta pie.
4 ounces uncooked dried linguine
1/2 pound lean ground beef*
1 1/3 cups garden-style spaghetti sauce
1 medium (1/2 cup) tomato, chopped
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 large egg, beaten
2 teaspoons butter or margarine, melted
1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1 tablespoon sour cream
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, place ground beef in 10-inch skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until browned (5 to 8 minutes). Drain off fat. Stir in spaghetti sauce and tomato. Set aside.
- Combine cooked linguine, Parmesan cheese, egg, butter and basil in large bowl. Place mixture in and up sides of ungreased 9-inch pie pan.
- Combine ricotta cheese and sour cream in same large bowl. Spread over linguine. Spread beef mixture over ricotta layer. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through. To serve, cut into wedges.
Makes 6 servings.
*Substitute 1/2 pound Italian sausage.