Baked Penne Bolognese Casserole
A quick, easy and delicious casserole the whole family will enjoy.
1 pound dry penne pasta, prepared according to package directions
1 pound lean ground beef
1 onion, chopped
3 to 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 (12-ounce) can tomato paste
1 cup warm water
1 cup milk
1/3 cup dry red wine or water
4 teaspoons MAGGI Reduced Sodium Beef Flavor Instant Bouillon
1 tablespoon dried Italian herb seasoning
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian blend or mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine beef, onion and garlic in large saucepan; cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes or until beef is no longer pink. Drain.
- Stir in tomato paste, water, milk, wine, bouillon and Italian herb seasoning; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes or until flavors are blended.
- Layer ingredients as follows in 13x9x2-inch baking dish: half of pasta, half of sauce and half of cheese. Repeat layers; cover.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.