Baked Turkey Rigatoni
If you're looking for a quick and tasty weeknight meal that is sure to please your family, try this pasta dish made with lean ground turkey.
1 (16-ounce) package rigatoni pasta
1 (20-ounce) package JENNIE-O Lean Ground Turkey
1 cup diced onion
2 (26-ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
6 slices Provolone cheese
1 cup fat-free sour cream
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Bring large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook 12 minutes or until al dente; drain. Return to same pan.
- In large skillet, cook turkey as specified on the package. Always cook to well-done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer. Add onion and sauce; simmer 15 minutes or until sauce is thickened and onion is soft.
- Mist a 13x9x2-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add turkey mixture to pasta. Stir to combine.
- Layer half of turkey mixture in dish. Top with Provolone cheese. Spread with sour cream. Top with remaining turkey mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned.
- Garnish with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/8 of recipe): Calories 480; Fat 12g; Protein 33g; Cholesterol 70mg; Carbohydrates 61g; Sodium 230mg; Fiber 4g; Saturated Fat 5g; Sugars 13g.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Jennie-O via Brandpoint Content; Copyright 1996-2014.